I backpacked to the top of the world...

I backpacked to the top of the world...
GUADALUPE PEAK, Texas

Monday, June 28, 2010

Tool # 10 Mobile Tech and Apps

There is truly a world of information to create a perfect world for teaching in the classroom. The applications are vast and varied and we will certainly be hardpressed to navigate to all the wonderful sites. We will, no doubt, focus on the apps most useful to our specialized areas. With that said, I looked primarily at the Language Arts/Reading/Phonics/Grammar, etc. sites. Lit2Go is my favorite to date. It has so much to offer with regard to my needs in the reading world. I think the kids will have fun with it in my small groups. There are audio files that will be quite useful. I recently attended the Ipod Workshop and won a set of headphones that will all plug into a "rockstar" which connects to the ipod; Has the makings for a great reading center. Mad Libs is great and am excited at the propect of its usage on the ipod. Really, there a several apps I am interested in to reinforce learning while breaking away from the "norm" for a high fun factor. Use of the ipod for ibooks for review of a new book, review/reinforcement of one read, implementation of a "read-aloud", and creation of a book of their own, taboot! It would be another great app for centers. If the students happen to create a product for the ipod, they can check the ipod out and take it home to show their parents. It is a wonderful feature! Teachers are able to implement restrictions on the ipod devices for this purpose.

Again, the list of apps is great, and for the sake of this blog, I only reviewed a small percentage of them. During the course of the summer, I will review many more to see what is specifically out there. I really look forward to the implementation of the ipod in the classroom! How lucky our students are to be exposed to such technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment