I backpacked to the top of the world...

I backpacked to the top of the world...
GUADALUPE PEAK, Texas

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Tool # 5 Tagging/Social Bookmarks

Once again, Tool #5 was fun to navigate to see what is out there as far as resources. The two sites I visited were Delicious and Diigo as suggested. The videos were quite helpful, although easier than actually getting through it. Nonetheless, I found the information to be quite useful, not only to me but to others as well. I can certainly see how this public website could benefit others within the network in order to share relevant, as well as new, information. When in search of information, it can be more effective, not to mention a more efficient use of one's time, to go on someone else's recommendation. Two websites I found interesting and useful for my teaching venue are: http://www.theteacherscorner.net/dailywritingrompts/ and http://www.readwritethink.org/.

Students can certainly use this process in the classroom in order to network sites they see as interesting resources relative to classroom topics. It can be used in a cooperative venue, in writing research papers, classroom discussions, etc.

1 comment:

  1. Here are the top 20 social bookmarking websites for generating fresh back links to your site. All of these contain DO follow, ensuring links leading to your website will count within the search engines as a valid back link. Social Bookmark

    ReplyDelete