I backpacked to the top of the world...

I backpacked to the top of the world...
GUADALUPE PEAK, Texas

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Tool #7 Digital Storytelling

Well, what can I say.....creating the video was quite enjoyable. I am very happy with the result considering that it is my first photo story. I saved it to My Videos, played it over and over to ensure it worked, and emailed it to a friend who will certainly enjoy it, opened it and played it to ensure it worked (which it did). BUT, in attemping to upload it to my blog, here, no can do. I seemed to have the same problem that others had in doing the same thing. You know, for once, I could have spent very little time on this tool and walked away happy, but the frustration in trying to complete it became overwhelmingly frustrating. I went to the open house for help regarding this matter, and they were miracle workers. They assisted me in moving the video to my blog...here it is at the bottom of the blog. Awesome!!!! Enjoy "A Little Piece of Heaven"

Students in the classroom will derive a lot of enjoyment in creating stories with pictures, whether creating something on a personal level or creating fiction. It could be used to summarize the end of a unit, to take us on a trip around the world visiting the places they would like to go to some day, report on their favorite "anything", create a biograhical piece, etc. Again, here, there are so
many possiblities, not only for students, but for teachers.


2 comments:

  1. Great video, so glad you were able to get it on your blog. One of the things you forgot to mention was the other miracle that happened yesterday- I had no idea how you really felt after the first tool until I read your blog today. Thinking back to how you helped a fellow blogger complete her first tool yesterday- that is a miracle, so to speak. Thanks to you for your help :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Beverly, for your support. After learning something, it is such good reinforcement for me to apply it... in any form. Always glad to help my "peeps". It continues to be a real challenge for me, but I think it is a great exercise for my brain! I appreciate your help. Look forward to the next meeting.

    ReplyDelete